Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tyrol



My trip to Tyrol last weekend (which I mentioned in this post) was one of the most beautiful weekend getaways I have ever taken.  Each view, each sight and each day was more beautiful than the one before.  I had the pleasure of staying with my dear friend's grandmother and woke up each morning to the view in the very first picture.  She cooked us the best Austrian food, which was right off local farms, and sent us back to Germany with homemade jam.  She, her little mountain town and her grandmotherly ways were so charming it was almost unreal.  

We stayed in the town of Schwaz and visited the Kühtai (where Oma was very excited to take us after she found out how much I love cows) and Schloss Tratzberg, which is a beautiful and very well preserved castle from the 1500's with a very fun little tour!  A weekend away from Germany was just what I needed and, aside from a little bout with altitude sickness in the Kühtai, I felt so calm and happy there.  I'm already dreaming of going back!  

No comments: