Friday, July 5, 2013

Food on Friday: Blueberry lemon cupcakes



I love a good cupcake but am constantly disappointed by bakery versions, which are often dry or chewy.  I have come to find that the best cupcakes are homemade, from scratch and, believe it or not, not all that much work.  In the past, I have come across some pretty spectacular recipes (herehere) and this is most definitely one of them! 


Light and summery, these blueberry lemon cupcakes hit the spot on the 4th of July.  They're moist, fluffy and entirely delicious.  I made mine patriotic with red and blue berry toppings.  I even had the most adorable stars and stripes baking papers, which I bought at Hobby Lobby while in the States, to put them in (see the second to last picture).  But, you could serve yours at a summer BBQ or birthday party with edible flowers or anything else you could think of on top. 

We're scheduled to have the most perfect summer weekend, so I am excited to spend a lot of time outdoors.  Have a great holiday weekend! 

Find the recipe for blueberry lemon cupcakes here














No comments: