Friday, April 5, 2013

Food on Friday: Tried and tested spinach artichoke grilled cheese


Earlier this week, Joy the Baker posted a recipe for a spinach and artichoke grilled cheese and I got seriously hungry seriously fast.  As you know, I loooooove grilled cheese.  And, one thing I love more than grilled cheese is artichoke hearts. Spinach is my go to green for a few extra vitamins.  Mixed all together--with a little bit of garlic--sounded like heaven on a plate.  


For two days, my mouth watered.  So, today when I got home from work, I made one of these delectable sandwiches.  

You can find the original recipe here, but I made a few changes to it, mostly for simplicity's sake.  I left out the sriracha and added a little feta (because I had it on hand) and I put the sandwiches into my sandwich maker instead of cooking them on top of the stove.  I think they'd be crunchier and better done in a pan, but I was too lazy and my sandwich maker wipes clean with a paper towel.  :-)  

Yum...! As you can see, I gobbled it right up!

Have a happy weekend! 






No comments: