Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Flower power


Things around here have been gloomy, very gloomy.  I'm usually one to try to keep my head up and I believe in the power of positive thinking, but, goodness gracious, has it been gray and depressing around here.  Spring feels like it's a million miles away and I just want it to hurry up and get here already! 

Okay, okay...enough of my complaining.  On to cheerier things...

To combat my heavy case of the winter blues, I have been surrounding myself with flowers and plants, preferably ones in happy colors, like the bright red roses above.  This poppy-red is my favorite color right now, so when I found these roses at the grocery store for just 3.99, I scooped them up immediately.  I've put them on my coffee table, my bedside table and in the bathroom.  I am hoping that seeing them a thousand times a day will counteract the dark clouds that just won't seem to go away.  

The other pretty plants here include cream tulips, a pretty bouquet from my love and herbs that we are growing in the windowsill of our kitchen.  I hope they brighten your mood, too!  

Happy Hump Day!









1 comment:

weartostandout said...

I LOVE THIS! Pantone colors are all so fabulous and Poppy Red is a prime example! We love it so much that we made it our color of the week and put together a fabulous outfit on our blog to show how to dress wearing Pantone's Poppy Red using a triadic color palette. You can take a look at it here www.weartostandout.com/blog/pantone-poppy-red and tell us what you think! xoxo, WearToStandOut