Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursdays: this place and these people


I was so, so lucky to get to visit this place and my family this year.  What a blessing it was to spend one beautiful week in August at our lake house in Michigan, my favorite place in the entire world.  That week filled me up with joy and set my heart at ease.  This lake has been a part of my family for 70 years or so and it is deeply a part of me.  

Double my fortune that I was also able to visit California twice this year, one time with Peter as well.  Nothing makes me happier than sitting across the dinner table from my mom and dad, laughing at his ridiculous jokes and her hilarious ability to still be amused by them. I saw my sister's best friend (and practically a sister of mine) marry and got to spend a lovely evening with my best friend and her sister--two gorgeous women that I adore--in the process.  It was a beautiful, beautiful summer in a happy, happy year and I am grateful.  

What are you thankful for today?  Only 1 more week until Thanksgiving!  I hope you are ready! 





No comments: