Monday, September 10, 2012

Typography: instant art (and happy Monday)!

Image from The Graphics Fairy LLC

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a nice weekend...do anything fun?  Peter and I had a fantastic date night, complete with all of the fun things we could find at our local grocery store: fancy pasta, a bottle of yummy wine, fresh bread and panna cotta.  It was a lot of fun and felt really special.  We also had brunch with a friend and two autumny soups (here and here), although summer seems to have come back today.


Today I am bringing you an idea for some cute instant art.   I love typography and think it looks great as "art" because it is so graphic and unfussy.  For Peter it works well because it isn't too girly.  Plus, it is as easy as printing it on a piece of card stock.

There are many places to look for cute typography on the internet, but my favorite is a website I love called Graphics Fairy (I am sure you remember me mentioning on here before).  I found this awesome piece of typography there and simply printed it out on a heavy white sheet of paper and put it in a frame.  I chose white to pop against the vanilla background, but you could choose any color you wanted.  This one in particular seems like the perfect combination of simple and special.  I decided to hang it over my couch.

I think it looks really fun there.  What do you think?

Here's how to get the look yourself:

1. Go to the link above or click here.  Save the image file on your computer.

2. Print the file in the size you want on heavy paper or card stock.

3. Buy (or salvage or thrift, like I did) a frame.  Put the image in a frame.  Hang.  Enjoy your super simple art.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea ! I may have to do this !