Thursday, July 5, 2012

German home magazines


A beautiful arrangement in Martha Stewart Living Germany.  And some fruit--the perfect breakfast.

Today, I thought I would give you a little peak into a few German home magazines.  It was an incredibly stormy morning when I got up today, filled with dark clouds, thunder, lightening and torrential rain.  I had an early appointment (that I arrived at looking like I had swum there) and then made it home to have a few hours of "me" time before work.

On the way back from my appointment, I picked up my favorite German home magazine and the first copy of Martha Stewart Living that I have ever seen here.  Yes!

And article on color dipping, color blocking and tie-dying in Living at Home.  

Living at Home is a wonderful, creative and detail-driven home magazine in Germany.  It features many do-it-yourself projects and timely and well-styled coverage of interior trends.  Unlike many German magazines, which can be too modern and austere, Living at Home has a fun, warm and often whimsical take on interior design.  You kind of want to curl up and, well, make yourself at home.  

That Martha Stewart Living borrows a lot of inspiration and material from other Martha Stewart publications, but nonetheless is full of beautiful pictures and feels very "familiar."  I can't wait to try some of the yummy recipes and gardening tips.

What a pleasure it was reading through these magazines today.  I hope you find something that inspires you!  Happy Thursday!

A pictures of a lovely office space in Living at Home.
Awesome BBQ ideas in Living at Home: (on the left) grilled sweet potatoes with maple-mustard dressing and (on the right) a "California hamburger with pineapple.
A pretty floral still life in LIving at Home.  
My first German issue of Martha Stewart Living.  :-)  Full of delicious recipes.  And I just can't get enough of that cover image.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie,
I took a look at the Living at Home magazine and it's full of good insights! I started a magazine as well in the hope to bring a lot of useful home tips to the readers! This is my new born website: http://wohnaccessoires.de/
Matilde