Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gemütlichkeit is: your favorite place

This is mine.  It's in Dowagiac, Michigan, out in the middle of nowhere.  But, goodness is my heart happy there.  Life there is simple, slow and full of pleasure--sitting on a rocking boat, reading a good book, getting some sun and drinking an iced tea.

Beautiful sunset on Magician Lake. 















My heart and my soul really need this place once a year.   I didn't really realize it until I found out the hard way last year: I am just not me without this place.

Reminders of the simplicity of summer.

So true when you are at the lake. 

On the shore.
It's a family cottage and I have been going there since I can remember.  My grandfather has been going to the lake since he can remember and my entire family has stories and memories the feature the lake as the main character.  It is in my blood to love it and I can truly say I do, with all my heart.  

A big catch! (I was lucky enough to take Peter with me two years ago.)
I am lucky enough to get to go this year; or, rather, I made it happen.  Counting down the weeks, now.  It's so full of little summery things...I can't wait!  

The perfect place to spend a summer evening, listening to echos on the lake and eating a hot fudge sundae.  



No comments: