Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gemütlichkeit is: occasionally being alone



With Peter gone (in the woods) this week, I have the house to myself. The weather has finally gotten itself out of the rainy slump it had been in and everyone is cheery.


Although I'm missing Peter a ton (and find myself worrying about him a lot--he has no way of contacting me and I've seen the movie 127 Hours), I'm quite enjoying having a bit of time to do what I want to do. Tonight, on my way home from work, I got an ice cream cone (snickers and pistachio ice cream) and walked home slowly through the city and along the river. Since I got home, I've been lying in bed reading and I don't even have to use my book light.

I wouldn't want it to be this way all the time, but every once and a while, it's quite nice. It gives me the chance to remember who I am with out my other half and to indulge in whatever it was I want to indulge in. It's cozy, happy time just for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love time with Derek, but sometimes I also really really love being alone. I think it gives you time to stop being swept up by daily life. I love taking the longer route home (or a complete detour), or getting coffee by myself, or tonight I went to the gym by myself and cooled down by quietly meditating. It was so nice.