Monday, May 14, 2012

Snapshots of a weekend


Hello, everyone.  Hope you are enjoying your Monday.  Here is everything I was up to this past (looong) weekend.  Peter and I both had Thursday afternoon off, so we took a long but slow bike ride along the Pegnitz.  It was perfect: the sun was shining and was so warm and the landscape was fantastic.  Everything is in bloom, including tons of wildflowers in yellow, pink, blue and white.

On Friday, Peter and I were both off of work and we had lunch at a sweet little cafe in town.  I would highly recommend it if you are ever in Nuremberg.  It's called Cafe Lucas.  The location is prime and the food was surprisingly good.  The middle picture in the top row is of one of their flower boxes on the deck that overlooks the river.

I worked on Saturday and the nice weather from Thursday and Friday turned into clouds and cold.  Peter was at a race with his dad, so I relaxed at home alone after work and got some much-needed me time.  Sunday morning I had an excellent breakie of scrambled eggs, toast and fruit before Peter came home.

Oh, and in the bottom middle picture, you can see my newest and most exciting new BRK (like the German Goodwill) purchase.  I had seen this several times.  Don't know why it took me so long to finally get it.  It cost me 3 EURO.  Yes, 3!  I think I needed something bigger and more impact-making over the couch and this is perfect.  I adore how simple yet rustic it is.

Have a fantastic week!

No comments: