Monday, April 23, 2012

Flea market weekend

Flea market finds from the weekend: a teeny-tiny framed picture, a blue stone ring, and a marble pepper mill. 
Well, everyone, here we are again...it's Monday!  I hope yours has been a little nicer than ours, at least weather-wise.  We had quite a downpour today with lots of hail and almost black skies.  At least it was a good last day for soup before summer weather arrives.

This weekend was really busy and went by quickly.  But, I had the luck of finding lots of fun treasures at a tiny little flea market near our house on Saturday.  The flea market was small and simple, in the parking lot of the local Bavarian Red Cross used good store, which is more or less the equivalent of the Goodwill.  I got there right as people were closing up but still managed to score some great pieces.  I spent a total of 10 Euro and got a ring, a marble pepper grinder, a little picture and a side table.  

The side table works perfectly next to Peter's side of the bed and replaces one that I was never happy with.  Plus, it was the best deal at only 3 Euro!! I couldn't believe it when the woman told me how much it was...I think my jaw literally dropped.  Don't tell her, but I was totally ready to pay 10 for it. 

Those types of purchases are the most fun and satisfying.  I know that I got a few new things with character and meaning and I didn't break the bank.  It was the first time I had been to the Bavarian Red Cross used goods store, but I already went back (more on that tomorrow).  I can't believe it took me so long!  

Hope you are having a fantastic Monday! 

Peter's new bedside table (still working on how to camouflage the cords). 
 


No comments: