Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gemütlichkeit is: snow days


Today was a snow day, white flakes slowly drifting from the sky from morning until night.   I took a little walk down to the lake to snap some pictures and then hurried home to warm my icy feet.  I had a lot of work to do this afternoon, so I  made myself some tea, cuddled under several blankets and took care of some business.  Every once and a while, I looked out the window to catch a glimpse of the silently falling flakes.  They put a little peace and calm into my heart this afternoon.  

The lake was frozen over completely and covered in fresh white snow.  It was beautiful proof that this winter has been a cold one.   The cold is not usually my favorite (and I sure am ready for the spring) but it certainly gives you appreciation for the small moments and the creature comforts.  Of course, a beautiful landscape of white doesn't hurt, either.

Hope you are having a pretty, cozy day!

A statue along the frozen lake.  

No comments: