Friday, November 25, 2011

Food on Friday: Thanksgiving Feast

I thought I would share a few pictures from my Thanksgiving dinner last night with you.  It was so nice and relaxing and was a wonderful meal.  As always, the turkey could have been more moist and the there could have been improvements to everything, but, really, it was just like Thanksgiving should be--more about the company than the food.  I just missed my P and my family.  I wish they all could have been there. 
A place setting. 

The table. I used a green runner, three pumpkins and 6 votives.

Another table shot.

The living room ready for company.

The spread...buffet made from my desk. See my beautiful grandmas in the background?

I did a small dinner this year, minus the yams and green beans which I really missed.  I did my apple, onion and walnut salad, stiffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and turkey.  Plus, homemade pumpkin pie.  :-)

My guests, my boyfriend's parents and my second family, piling up their plates. 
It was a wonderful day and a beautiful feast.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Now I am ready to get geared up for Christmas! Have a wonderful and relaxing holiday weekend!

No comments: