Sunday, May 8, 2011

Love for many mothers on Mother's Day

So sad to be so far away from the best mama in the world!

My mom was a stay at home mom and I feel so grateful to have had her around all those years to shape me, support me, give me love and help me grow up.  When I think of the person I am I know that so much of that is due to her.  She has a heart of gold, not only when it comes to my sister and I but with everyone she meets (unless you cut in line at the grocery store...then you got another thing comin').  I miss her everyday and can wait to have her here in Coburg again.  Nothing feels better than waking up in my house to my mom and her cup of instant coffee.

I love you, mom.  And I wish we were together.

I'm lucky, too, because I am filled with women in my life who I think of as 2nd, 3rd or 4th mothers.  Danielle's mom tops that list and I love her so much.  She's always been an inspiration to me, as well, and she is the best 2nd mother I could ask for.  Then I have my two aunts Anita and Janet.  I am so close with them, I don't even know if I can just call them aunts anymore.  I grew up with these three amazing sisters teaching me and loving me and, most importantly, being the best examples of sisterhood I could possibly imagine.  They love each other more than any three people I can imagine in this world and they are so close with each other I can't imagine one without the other two.  They own a business together and they argue and drive each other nuts from time to time; but nothing stops them from calling each other in tears when they have had a bad day, or cracking each other up, or giving it to the other one straight when those pants really do make her butt look fat.  I only hope that my sister and I have such an amazing, loving and close relationship when we get older. 

Finally, I have the best "Schwiegermutter" a girl could ever ask for.  She is an example of a fierce, loving and loyal woman that I hope one day to emulate.  She has continually been here for me during the highs and lows of living abroad and I love her dearly.   I am so thankful for all that she (and her husband) have done for me!   I couldn't be more blessed with the family I have chosen to become a part of. 

In fact, I couldn't be more blessed in anything.  I am so lucky to have so many amazing "mothers" in my life.   What amazing role-models and friends I have.  Happy Mother's Day and I love you all so much! 

No comments: